Black rice pudding MANGO, LIME, PASSION FRUIT & COCONUT
This healthy Black rice pudding recipe is super-tasty for breakfast. Fortified hazelnut milk contains vitamin B12, helping us to think properly and stay alert, while hazelnuts are super-high in vitamin E, protecting our cells against damage. Enjoy!
Ingredients Black rice pudding
- 200 g black rice
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 lime
- tablespoon blanched hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 200 ml hazelnut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- manuka honey , optional
- 4 heaped tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 2 wrinkly passion fruit
- Cook the black rice according to the packet instructions, overcooking it slightly so it’s plump and sticky, then drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, peel and destone the mango, blitz the flesh in a blender with the lime juice until smooth, and pour into a bowl.
- Separately, toast the hazelnuts and coconut in a dry frying pan until lightly golden, then bash up in a pestle and mortar.
- Peel the bananas and tear into the blender, then blitz with the hazelnut milk, vanilla extract and two-thirds of the black rice – depending on the sweetness of your bananas, you could also add a teaspoon of honey.
- Once smooth, stir that back through the rest of the rice – this will give you great texture and colour. Divide between four nice jars or bowls.
- Spoon over the blitzed mango, squeeze half a passion fruit over each one, then delicately spoon over the yoghurt and sprinkle with the hazelnuts and coconut.
I make these on a Sunday night and rack them up in the fridge, ready and waiting to be enjoyed with no effort in the days that follow.